Installing/Enabling .Net 3.5 SP1 on Windows 2008 R2 for SQL Server 2008 R2/SQL Server 2012 RC0 Install
Posted by decipherinfosys on February 24, 2012
A junior team member ran into this issue so thought it was worth a post. While installing SQL Server 2012 RC0 on a new VM of Windows Server 2008 R2, it complained about installing or enabling .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 which is a pre-requisite for the SQL Server install. Here are the steps to validate whether it is installed and how to enable it and if it is not installed, how to go about installing it.
- Under Administrative Tools, Select Server Manager and click on Features.
- All the installed Features are displayed in the right side pane where you can validate if .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 (3.5.1) is installed or not.
- If it is not installed, then click on “Add Features” and expand “.Net Framework 3.5.1 Features”.
- Check the check box for “.Net Framework 3.5.1 Features” and click on Next and then Install.
5. Once the installation is complete, click on close and you are done.
Now, you can move on with your SQL Server 2012 RC0 install on Windows Server 2008 R2. Have fun.